Please leave your details here to arrange a call back.
- Art Description
- Artist info
- Why Eikowa
- Shipping & Delivery
Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, Sameena Ahmed, is largely a self-taught painter. Though always creatively inclined from a young age. She started painting as a hobby along with her corporate career for 24 years.
Sameena Ahmed had her first solo exhibition called Meraki in Bangalore. The exhibition was well received with great reviews & appreciations. Where some of the paintings were already sold out at the preview itself.
She is also a writer. Hence, each painting has a poetry composition all written by her.
The collection Meraki has 31 paintings, which depicted pure human characteristics & emotions of love, infatuation, pain, fear, courage, change, peace, beauty, grace, compassion & longing.
Artist Statement –
It was just 5 years back that I realised, I had a style of my own. It was a joy to discover a serious artist in me.
I am completely captivated with colours & textures created by mix media. And that is the basis of my paintings. My inspiration comes from the beauty of colours of seasons. And how it can come alive on the canvas. Whether it’s just for my own enjoyment or for anyone else.
I mostly work with abstracts & figurative with oil on canvas. My work emphasis beauty & deep human emotions in their purity. I use oil on canvas. I try not to confine myself to a particular boundary when I am creating & let myself explore the depth of the piece I am working on.
I am also inclined towards vintage & some of my paintings capture the essence of old world charm, which represent timelessness & beauty that brings warmth & character, especially giving it an unfinished, uneven surface in the form of texture use.
My first solo show Meraki has the colours of autumn & spring seasons. Autumn represents a beautiful cycle of loss. The dead leaves & branches disintegrate & turn into part of soil. It is a slow death of the year towards the winter, a slow lingering death from the height of summer into the cold & dark. Yet it is so beautiful because it represents regrowth & regeneration. It’s all about abundant, bountiful, breezy, bright & warm colours.
Spring, the king of seasons is loved by everyone as it’s the season of joy, of new leaves & bright flowers everywhere. It’s the natures’s youth when everything looks bright, colourful & young.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.