Shipping & Delivery
Born in 1961, Shyamal Mukherjee is a Bengali artist from Kolkata. He's always lived in Kolkata and travels out of the city only for his shows. He graduated (BFA) from Santiniketan in 1987 and later attended Rabindra Bharti University for MFA in 1989.
His work revolves around human figures and has a strong influence of Bengal School of art in all his work. He prefers traveling by public transports, where he can observe the daily lives and behaviour of people; the main inspiration behind his artworks. Mukherjee’s subjects wear vibrant and bright tones of red, orange, green, blue clothes and are usually some sort of performers, many times street performers. He believes that in one way or another, everyone is a performer, everyone puts an act for someone else. Through his body of work, which involves people in pairs or large groups, Mukherjee tries to emphasise how each individual is similar to another. He reflects that though two people might have difference in their physical appearance, their behaviour and attitude doesn’t differ much.
The artist uses reverse technique of painting on transparent acrylic sheet. In his free time Mukherjee teaches children painting and he feels that he actually ends up learning more than teaching. He also collects rural Bengali art and craft in his spare time.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
seasoned artists, to present only those works that merit your attention.
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
always bring to you enough options to find the painting that calls
out to you.
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
is one of a kind thereby delivering to you the highest
value for your
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
painting that will suit your style, your space and your personality.
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
painting comes along with a Certificate of Authenticity,
safeguard your investment.
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.