- Art Description
- Artist info
- Why Eikowa
- Shipping & Delivery
Paresh Hazra is a well renowned artist hailing from West Bengal. After completing his degree from Government College of Art and Craft – Kolkata he moved to Bangalore to pursue his career as a teacher but held on to his passion of painting.
The central theme in his paintings are devotional in nature. He is known to depict excepts from the Indian epics and Hindu mythology. His paintings feature a certain divine energy in them. His work also expresses the emotions of love, devotion and zest. He features a number of folk motifs and folk elements in his paintings to render a real and vehement quality to them. Earthy and raw in composition, his work is simplistic in form.
His use of media is what makes him unique. His popular techniques include Bengal wash technique which involves soaking the canvas in water after every layer, and the egg tempera technique which involves the use of egg yolk and linseed oil. He is popular for his use of earth colours like browns, blacks and ochre which render a ruggedness to his paintings. He is known for his charcoal work as well. He often experiments with the textures of surfaces, and uses small objects like string, fabric or gauze to render a texture and dimension to his work.
He has numerous shows and exhibitions to his credit. His collection is part of various private galleries all around the world with personalities like Bill Clinton and Steve Jobs being collectors of his work. He currently resides in Bangalore but often visits West Bengal.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.