Please leave your details here to arrange a call back.
- Art Description
- Artist info
- Why Eikowa
- Shipping & Delivery
Varsha Kharatmal hails from Maharashtra. She obtained her Diploma in Drawing and Painting from Kala Mahavidyalaya, Satara.
Her art, revolves around Maharashtrian women, whom she grew up admiring. Draped in gorgeous nauvari, or the typical 9-yard Maharashtrian saree, and adorned with traditional Maharashtrian jewellery such as nath, (the nose ring) khopa, (hair clip) necklaces, bangles and earrings, these women are sensuous beauties.
The fish-like eyes —often described as ‘eyes that talk’— of her subjects is one of the most remarkable feature of these women. Besides, conversing eyes are more of a necessity for Varsha, for she herself is speech and hearing impaired. Varsha found her voice, a way to express herself, through her art. Her work resonates the strength and confidence that she radiates in her life. Her artwork is exquisite and vibrant at the same time. Varsha’s fluid and bold brush strokes capture the essence of womanhood on her canvas. Her style is a mix of realistic and miniature forms.
Her use of motifs in the backdrop of her characters is her signature style. Her prominently used medium is acrylic. She works with bright hues like greens, blues, reds and ochres.
She has numerous exhibitions and shows to her credit. She currently resides in Pune and works from there.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.