Arrange a call back
- Art Description
- Artist info
- Why Eikowa
- Shipping & Delivery
Ananda Das is well known artist from Kolkata, India. He is the son of painter Lakshmi Narayan Das. Having studied for four years at the Bengal School of Arts, he quit to start independent work in 1994 without attaining a formal degree in art or painting.
The moodscape of his paintings contain religious and mystical expressions and a romantic spirit. His paintings describe his Bengali roots and are picturesque of Kolkata and its Rickshaw pullers in particular. A Rickshaw puller, a common sight in Kolkata is the protagonist in Ananda’s depictions. His Rickshaw Puller series describes the rickshaw as a symbol of harmony between man and his carrier. He depicts silent purpose, enormous strength and unscathed will of the puller. He captures the hustle of the city and represents the focus and persistence of rickshaw pullers in contrast. His religious paintings exhibit a divine serenity. The compositions and the strokes render a sense of calm to the onlooker.
He has worked in various medium, like water colour, acrylic, oil, charcoal and mix-media. Blues greys and tangerines are prominent colors in his palette. His paintings contain enormous detailing and great precision even in the smallest elements. Play with light and shadows are his signature style. He is popular for his landscapes, figurative studies and portraits.
He has a number of solo and group exhibitions to his credit. His work has been showcased in cities all over India. He is one of Kolkata’s most famous painters. He has contributed his work to a number of organizations like the Reliance Industries, Tata Industries, RBI and Help Age India.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.