- Art Description
- Artist info
- Why Eikowa
- Shipping & Delivery
Born in 1965, Laxman was born and raised in Kadirenigudem. He grew up seeing the rural life of a draught affected village around him. He earned his Bachelors and Masters in Fine Arts from the College of Fine Arts JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
His artwork consist of nostalgic paintings of the people he grew up amongst. Even though, Laxman is now an established artist, living in a bigger city, he has not forgotten his roots. While most of the other stylised figurative artists use a vibrant and colourful palette, Laxman’s paintings are monochromatic. The intricately sketched village people, living their ordinary, mundane lives are Laxman’s subjects. He painstakingly draws all the details of these people; their traditional clothes; lungi for men and printed sarees for women, their neatly tied hair buns, moustaches, turbans, etc. in black and white, resonating with the simplicity of their lives.
His backgrounds are usually single coloured rustic hues of mostly red, green or yellow. Perhaps, this is his way of portraying the extremely monotonous lives of the people in his village. The simple floral and patterned sarees of women, checked or lined kurta of men, the grief and worry on their faces, will immediately tell you the tale of Laxman’s draught affected village. His subjects are mostly in a group, often brooding over their problems. One can feel the pain and worry of the villagers through Laxman’s paintings.
We emphasizes on curation. All paintings showcased are by
| Wide collection across styles.
We offer great selection across styles, subjects and mediums, to
| Original art
We only house original works of art and no prints, so every piece
| No advisory fee
We provide complimentary private consultation to help you select a
| alt="" /> Authenticity
We source paintings directly from the artistsand every
| Commissioned art
Want something made to order? We work with artists across the country to commission art and installations to create exclusive work.
Shipping and Delivery
- Within India
- If you reside within India, you can expect to receive the artwork within seven (7) to ten (10) business days from time of order.
- International Shipping
- If you reside outside India, you can expect to receive the artwork within eleven (11) to fourteen (14) business days from time of order, depending on the origin and destination of the artwork as well as the time it takes to clear customs.
- Stretched Canvas
- Most artworks on the site are on stretched canvas. The artworks will be rolled, bubble wrapped and placed inside a protective cylinder to ensure the artwork doesn’t get damaged during shipping.
- Canvas/ Wood Board/ Framed
- Paintings on wooden or canvas boards or framed works will be bubble wrapped and placed in a sturdy box. We assure you that utmost care will be taken while packing the product.